Bursting with flavour and quality ingredients, this beautiful moulded salad is sure to impress your family or friends.
Delectably decadent yet low in calories, this gluten-free artichoke and lobster salad is perfect as a starter or light lunch. The recipe is even easier if you use ready-cooked lobster meat.
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
1 small live lobster, 450g
coarse salt and peppercorns
bouquet garni (thyme, bay leaf, parsley)
1 small tomato, 80g
1 small avocado, 80g
2 cooked artichoke hearts
30g shallots, finely chopped
1 hardboiled egg
10g gluten-free Dijon mustard
60g fat-free fromage frais
20ml extra virgin olive oil
40ml balsamic vinegar
20g seaweed seasoning
1. Stun the lobster by placing it in the freezer for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, fill a large pot with cold water. Add a generous pinch of coarse salt, peppercorns and the bouquet garni. Bring to a boil.
2. Lower the lobster into the boiling liquid and let it simmer for 12 minutes. Plunge the cooked lobster in ice water, drain it and remove the meat. Slice each claw in half and dice the rest of the meat.
3. Peel and de-seed the tomato (see Notes) and avocado. Dice them and the artichoke hearts into 1/2cm cubes. Add the diced lobster meat and shallots.
4. Mayonnaise: In a food processor, blend the boiled egg with mustard until smooth, then whisk in the fromage frais. Season with salt and pepper. Gently stir the mayonnaise into the lobster mixture and adjust the seasoning.
5. Vinaigrette: Whisk together all ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. To serve, arrange a few lettuce leaves on each plate. Pack the salad into a ramekin or ring mould, and quickly tip it onto the bed of lettuce. Drizzle with the seafood vinaigrette and top with half a claw.
To save time, substitute with cooked lobster. If lobster is not readily available, use shrimp or crab. To peel the tomato, dip it into boiling water for 15-20 seconds and then plunge it in an ice bath. The skin should now come off easily.
With its majestic decor, L'Alcôve welcomes you to a classically regal Versailles setting. The space has a timeless, light-filled quality, so you will be torn between the intimate ambiance of the restaurant and the halo of light emanating from the bar's magnificent chandelier. <br /> The menu is also full of surprises, with French and world classics revisited using fresh organic ingredients.
Relish gastronomic cuisine inspired by Provençal and Mediterranean flavours as you admire views of the Vieux-Port from our rooftop terrace. Enjoy sun-kissed vegetables and freshly caught seafood against a backdrop of Marseille's blue skies.
(*) Average meal price calculated on the basis of starter and main course or main course and dessert, excluding drinks, menu and promotional offers. The average price is an estimate only, calculated according to the prices provided by the restaurant. Depending on the country, the average price may or may not include all taxes.
Your browser is outdated, please upgrade it to access to this website.