Signature Burger Recipe
Onion confit, juicy beef and luscious foie gras with a balsamic glaze... There is so much to love about this burger!
Olivier Sébastien, chef de cuisine at Le Garage restaurant in Lyon, shares the recipe for his Signature Burger for you to make at home.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 onion
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp veal stock
- 75ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 shallot
- 1 bunch coriander
- 2 slow-roasted tomatoes
- 180g good-quality beef mince
- 2 multigrain burger buns
- 2 slices of foie gras, 30g each
- rocket (arugula) leaves
- 300g fries, prepared
- 1 head little gem lettuce
- Peel and mince the onion.
- In a saucepan, melt a bit of butter over low heat and then add the minced onions.
- After about 10 minutes, lightly caramelise it with honey.
- In a saucepan, heat 125ml of water with the veal stock.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, mix it in well and let simmer for around 20 minutes. The glaze should be fairly thick.
The beef patty
- Roughly chop the shallot with a small handful of coriander.
- Crush the tomatoes.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef mince, chopped shallot and coriander, and crushed tomatoes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place half of the mixture into a round mould roughly the size of the bun. Repeat. Cook the meat.
- Slice the buns in half horizontally and spread balsamic glaze on each cut surface. Place a generous spoonful of onion confit on the bottom half of each bun.
- Assemble the burger in this order: beef patty, slice of foie gras and a few rocket leaves.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the top bun and place the assembled burger on a serving slate.
- Divide the fries and place each portion in a basket.
- Slice the lettuce length-wise into 4 sections and drizzle with the vinaigrette of your choice. Place 2 wedges on each slate, between the burger and basket of fries.
Your browser is outdated, please upgrade it to access to this website.